5 Words I Hate…
And 5 Words I Love.
I like language. Actually, I probably love language. Words are just plain fun and one of my favorite things to do is read the dictionary.
But, even though I love language, there are some words that I just do not enjoy. I think I love way more words than I hate, but I decided to make a list anyway.
1. Moist-It’s just “ewwwww” inducing for me. There’s no logical reason for my dislike.
2. Myriad-This word is over used. People try and use it to sound intelligent but it is often misused, negating the attempt.
3. Panties—They’re just underwear. You’re not fooling anyone with a fancy name.
4. Posthumously—I dislike this word out of bitterness. It’s a handy word but I can never say it correctly.
5. Ain’t-Maybe I’m old fashioned but I find no reason, apart from capturing a colloquial voice in fiction, for using this word.
Now, just like my Christmas songs post, I don’t want to be full of negativity. Here are some words that I really enjoy.
1. Abhor-Hate is a strong word, abhor is stronger.
2.Precipice-It’s fun to say, particularly when paired alongside perched and precariously. He perched precariously upon the precipice.
3. Flit-Such a happy sounding word, and an accurate depiction of the way my thoughts move, if thoughts are capable of movement.
4. Anomaly-It’s unfortunate I cannot use this word with more regularity.
5. Inconceivable-Although, it’s possible that it doesn’t mean what I think it means.
How about you? Are there words that you abhor or adore?
Let me know!